It is very easy to issue an invoice from within an invoice. You simply navigate to the matter you wish to invoice and find the unbilled area in the left column. If there is an outstanding balance there will be a Create invoice button.
Press the button and you will see the billing modal window for this matter.
If there are many payers in use on this matter then you will have to select what payer you wish to invoice.
Once you have selected ap ayer, or if there is only one payer in use on this matter, you will see this window.
Here you can do a few very handy things:
- Check the items you wish to invoice at this point. What you do not check will remain unbilled and show up the next time you with to invoice this payer.
- Edit entries by clicking them. If you want to edit an entry description, quantity or user, just click it and you will get an edit window to make your changes.
- Add new items such as time, travel, products or travel by pressing Add time button down-arrow on the top left.
- Edit prices, rates and discounts by pressing Prices button on the top left.
- Move one or more entries to another matter. Handy of you suddenly realized at this point that some entries are supposed to be somewhere else.
- Comment is optional for any additional info to the invoice such as "Invoice to be delivered to David Berg in department 6A"
When you are ready - just press Create invoice button.