It is very easy to add travel information to matters. Travel is when you drive or commute for a client and then you would like to charge your client for these travels. Travel is added as miles or kilometers (company wide setting).
Here is how you add travel to your matter:
- Click the blue "Add" button in the top right corner.
- Select Travel from the list.
- Fill out the details and submit.
While adding a travel entry you can add a few details to the entry.
- Matter is the matter you were travelling for.
- Description is where you travelled.
- Distance is how far you travelled, if charging by the mile/km.
- Distance payable can be another distance then you actually travelled.
- Payer can be same as client or someone else.
- Rate is the price per mile/km you are charging. (See how to edit rates)
- Date is when you traveled.
Manor allows you to add a travel entry in miles or km. Then you select the rate you would like to use. Rate is an amount per mile/km that determins the price for the travel entry.
Example: You drove your car 100 miles in relations to a certain matter. You would like to charge $1.5 for each mile. Then you enter 100 miles in distance and select the $1.5 travel rate. This entry will then amount to 100 x 1.5 = $150 in total.
Setting Travel Rates
You can add as many travel rates as you like by going to Administration -> Rates and adding an item there of the type "travel". If you can not find this you might not have the priviledges to edit rates. If so, contact your administrator.